Thursday, May 7, 2015

Victoria BC

What a day!  We went off to Butchart Gardens.  Norm had never been there and I was last there in 1962.  I found these photos taken back then.

 I was 13 and on my way to boarding school at St. Ann's Academy.
Rob or Gerald doing calisthenics in the Sunken Garden but think probably Gerald

The Sunken Garden in 1962

There is no way to describe the gardens and photos don’t do it justice but here’s a few anyway.





Now, this is a hedge.


When we left the Gardens we went into Brentwood Bay for a little exploration and stopped in the pub at the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa.

The paper this morning said there were going to be 9 cruise ships in town between today and Sunday; that’s 21,666 passengers coming ashore.  It boggles the mind.  This morning was the clearest day we’ve had so I tried again, to get a photo of the snow-covered Olympic Mountains from the balcony. 


This afternoon we saw the Norwegian Sun in port and watched the Celebrity Justice come in.

 Norwegian Sun

Celebrity Solstice arriving


3 comments:

  1. Great for you guys. Jennifer thanks for sharing the old photos.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear good things about Brentwood Bay. I haven't been there yet

    ReplyDelete