Thursday, April 30, 2015

Victoria BC

Norm is still feeling under the weather so I was on my own to go walk-about again.

I love walking around through neighborhoods to see what I can see.  Here is a bush I almost walked into (isn't it incredibly beautiful?) and a couple of buildings that caught my attention.





I did head deliberately to see the Emily Carr house (she “was a Canadian artist and writer heavily inspired by the Indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast”.)  I didn’t go through the house, just looked from the outside.



Then I walked around Thunderbird Park, which had these amazing totem poles.




Right across the street was The Old Spagetti Factory, a chain restaurant we went to in Toronto about 40 years ago.  Can’t believe it’s still around.



I made the obligatory stop at the Jade store to drool over the jewelry and carvings.  This particular piece was about 12” tall and cost only $36,000.  The bears were several hundred dollars each.




Don’t know what was going on with a group of  motorcyclists who passed me earlier in the day and were parked in front of the legislature when I passed by on my way home.  Very pretty bikes, though.



The cats continue to amuse; they are fascinated with bags of any description.







2 comments:

  1. Jennifer it sounds like you had another nice day walking around town. Lovely pictures. Those darn cats are really humourous. You have captured some of their personality in the bag photos. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old Victorian homes!!!

    ReplyDelete